Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ponder This...

Justice

I am quickly sinking
Into a deep black hole.
“Why is it I must suffer, God,
When another lacks control?”
My life would be so different
If only my sins mattered;
Instead I’m being punished…
My world’s completely shattered

“Yes, child, you are sinking,
But it’s not your only choice.
Reach for my hand, hold onto me,
Just listen to my voice.
I understand your thinking,
But you must try to see;
My suffering in Gethsemane…
That was for you, not me.”

When we suffer because of someone else’s choices, the world would tell us to seek revenge and soak ourselves in anger and self pity. But the Savior, who knows all too well about suffering because of other’s choices, encourages us to let go of the anger and self pity, and turn to Him for lessons in forgiveness and for the healing of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment