Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Something To Think About

Connection

Only moments ago
I wondered who you were;
Now that I am holding you
My heart begins to stir.
Suddenly I recognize
Now that we’re together,
I would give up everything
To be with you forever.

When our third child was born, we had only been at the hospital for 2 1/2 hours before he made his grand entrance into the world. My doctor was out of town and the doctor on call could not be reached. A doctor who’d come in to deliver another baby was quickly made aware of my situation, and as he came sauntering into the room, I hollered "get over here now!" He took 3 quick steps, barely got his gloves on, and arrived just in time to catch our son, newly departed from heaven. It was 12:50am. Before long, the doctor left to take care of the other birth; the nurse quickly got me settled before she hurried on to finish her rounds, Charles went home to get some much needed rest and I was left all alone with that sweet little giant of a spirit. It was a most amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment