Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sometimes This Seems So Impossible

Stand Aside

Overwhelming sadness
Grips my heart and mind;
I am searching everywhere
But peace I cannot find.
I feel something ominous
Consume my weary soul;
As deepening fear and panic
Spin my thoughts out of control.
Desperately I utter
My requests for some relief;
While doubting the validity
Of my incessant grief.
Then quietly the answer comes,
“My child…change your view;
Let the burden you carry go,
This isn’t about you.
You are not that powerful,
Give up your selfish pride;
This test is for someone else…
You must stand aside.”
  
At times I find myself feeling extreme sadness, anger, or sometimes even fear, about how circumstances surrounding other people are affecting me. The emotion consumes me and I find I’ve made myself to be a “victim” of their circumstances. Time and time again, it’s “all about me.” Through some very personal experiences, I’ve learned there’s wisdom in learning not to internalize other people’s trials. While it’s expected of us, by the Savior, to have compassion…to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort…we must not stand in the way while He lifts and comforts, and strengthens and teaches in a way that only He has the power to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment