Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Big Picture

Gentle Reminder

I watch my children struggle
Make choices they’ll regret
But when I try to intercede
The spirit cries “not yet!”
My aching heart grows heavy,
And I begin to pray
“I love them, Father, so much
There are not words to say.”
Then quietly the message comes
“I know, I love them too;
Though hard for you to understand
I love them more than you do.”
“How could that be?” I wonder
“You know, I am their mother;
I would give my life for them
I love them like no other.”
And patiently, He chastens me
“Remember, cherished daughter;
They’re yours because I sent them,
But I am still their Father.”

Such humility and gratitude I feel for Heavenly Father's wisdom. Parenting is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm so thankful for divine direction...and for those teaching moments that come when I've made a mistake, that help me do better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love the quotes and was wondering if you could help me discover where this quote comes from.

    thanks

    -Nick

    In the gospel of Jesus Christ, you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed.
    -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

    ReplyDelete