Sunday, February 27, 2011

Safety and Peace

Rescue

A raging storm…
My footing isn’t steady;
Deep in my heart
I feel I am not ready.
The road seems long.
But I can see no other.
Despair sets in
But then I see my Brother.
“I’m here,” He says,
And gently lifts me up.
I’m not alone;
He shares my bitter cup
His arms are strong
He says He knows this place.
I cling to Him…
I’m safe in His embrace.


In my scripture study I came across Isaiah 46:4:

"And even to your old age, I am he; and even to hoar hairs (footnote says grey hairs) will I carry you; I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you".

The spirit taught me that the Savior truly does carry me through my adversities and trials; that I should not whine and complain or cry because something is hard. Instead, I should wrap my arms around the Savior and hang on for dear life...trusting that He and I together can make it through. It also taught me that others are “too big” for me to carry...physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually...I should “put them down” and allow the Savior to carry them. Then I trust; I should "stand still" and not walk behind Him to make sure He can handle carrying them for as long and far as is necessary. That was a very humbling, but very comforting lesson for me.

NOTE: While writing the poem I first had the 3rd to the last line reading: "He says He knows the way" and I was completely stuck on the last line. But the whole embrace thing came into my mind and then I realized it needed to be "He says He knows this place". I know that He knows the way...I know the way. "He knows this place" takes on a whole new meaning. I could feel that He knows this place I'm in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment