Friday, February 25, 2011

If Ever You've Been There...You Get It

This poem was my first. It came to me while I was desperately praying for something profound to share with a friend. I'd already spent hours searching and finally dropped to my knees to seek divine inspiration. I was so intent on getting an answer, that I had paper and a pen ready. When the answer came I had to write fast to get it all down. It wasn't until I actually read what I'd written, that I realized it was a poem.

Don’t Forget How Much I Love You

I know how painful it must be;
I know the hurt you feel.
My sacrifice for you was hard;
Believe me, it was real.

I understand the tears you shed,
The aching in your heart.
I promised Father I would come
And fully do my part.

I know the weariness you know;
An angel held me up.
I pled with Father–was there a way
To please remove that cup.

I cannot count the tears I shed;
I bled from every pore.
I did it because I love YOU
And I will forever more.

I know you feel you can’t go on,
Your heart is torn to pieces.
But keep these words and my picture close
To remind you “I LOVE YOU” – Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment